June 6, 2008

Looking Back ~ April 13

As you know, Campbell was baptized on April 13. I found this posting on my cousin Jenny's blog, so I copied it from her. She did a nice job explaining what this day means to our family. Here is Jenny with her husband Jason and their sons - Ben & Alex.
April 13th is a special day for my maternal family. My grandfather, Wilfred was born on this date in 1916. He was also confirmed, graduated from high school, and married on various April 13ths. Then in 1999 just after celebrating his 83rd birthday surrounded by friends and family in his home, he peacefully went to heaven as his last April 13th faded into the night. Grandpa was a mischievous boy and his pranks continued all through his years. When I awoke to snow showers on this April 13th, I couldn't help but think Grandpa was somehow responsible for that little joke. His legacy continues though. Grandpa has a great granddaughter, Campbell who was born on April 14th last year and is being baptized today. So Happy Birthday, Grandpa! Happy Baptism and Birthday, Campbell! Happy Anniversary to Justin and Ellen too! It's a great day to celebrate!

Grandma & Grandpa Schomberg

1 comment:

ssouth said...

Aww, glad you liked it. Do the words to the hymn, "O what a wonderful, wonderful day" get stuck in your head on 4-13 too? It's great to be able to keep up with each other like this. We'll have to get together somehow.
Jenny